Spinach Artichoke Quiche
Low Carb Keto Spinach Artichoke Quiche
This is a simple but tasty and impressive dish that will make a great keto - low carb lunch or dinner any day of the week. Pair it with a simple green salad and you have a winner.
This quiche is similar to the mushroom quick recipe posted before; the crust is the same and we usually make both of them to have for lunches and dinners for a few days.
For the dough
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp garlic
- 250 g spinach (I use frozen chopped spinach)
- 80 g artichoke (I use artichokes jarred in oil)
- 140 g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- Red chilli flakes
- Salt and spices to taste
- Follow the instructions for making pizza dough for the crust using the ingredients listed above. Push it into the bottom of a baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven till fully cooked. Let it cool down.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the garlic and spices until fragrant. Add the spinach and allow to thaw or wilt, depending on whether you use frozen or fresh one.
- Chop the artichokes and add them to the spinach. If the mixture gets too dry, add a little bit of water or oil from the jar of artichokes.
- Add the cream cheese and allow everything to cook together until it is all a uniform mixture.
- Separately whisk the eggs and the half and half, season with some salt and pepper. Take one spoonful of the spinach mixture and mix it in the egg mixture. Continue adding spoonfuls to the eggs until all the artichoke mixture has been added.
- Pour into the quiche crust and bake at 350 until all set.
- Number of Servings 6
- Calories Per Serving 290
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 3g
- Net Carbs 3g
- Protein 14g
- Fat 75%, Protein 21%, Net Carbs 4%