Low Carb Pizza
Low Carb Pizza
So here it is... our recipe for pizza. We make this at least once a week and usually double it so we have enough for lunch the next day too. It doesn't always make it till the next day when the hungry toddler makes his way to the kitchen for dinner :)
I cannot claim this recipe for my own. This is a remake of a recipe I found on stuffimakemyhusband.com. This recipe uses very well drained zucchini and grated mozzarella cheese for the base and any toppings you may like. This recipe definitely satisfies those late night cheesy pizza cravings.
- Pizza Base
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz zucchini (well drained)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp flax seed powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- Sauces such as (low carb) Paesana Marinara Sauce (Red), Alfredo Sauce or any other low carb sauce.
- Toppings of your choice such as ham, onions, green peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms, chicken, etc.
- I like to use block mozzarella cheese that I grate myself; that is the best way to make sure that there will be no hidden carbs in the cheese.
- Grate the cheese and the zucchini.
- Drain the zucchini well in a kitchen towel or by squeezing it in your hands.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the 4 oz cheese and the 4 oz zucchini. Mix well and add an egg. After mixing everything together, the resulting mixture will be slightly crumbly yet pasty.
- Put a parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread the dough by using your fingers. It should be about 0.5 inch thick.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Then flip it over (it's best to wait till it cools down a bit) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Spread the sauce of your choice (make sure the net carbs per servings stays low).
- Cover with toppings of your choice and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
Nutrition Information (Pizza Base Only)
- Number of Servings 4
- Calories Per Serving 150
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Net Carbs 2g
- Protein 10g
- Fat 68%, Protein 26%, Net Carbs 6%