Kimchi Fried Rice
Low Carb Keto Kimchi Fried Rice
A few years ago, I went through a Korean phase, during which I really wanted to try and make every good looking Korean dish. To be honest, it was the uniqueness of the food that made me really want to try it. Along came not only a lot of visits to the local Korean barbeque place, but also homemade kimchi, seafood pancakes, banchan (side dishes), spicy rice cakes and so on. Most of the food is carb laden and very difficult to adapt to a keto lifestyle, but one of the dishes that can do double duty is kimchi.
Kimchi is cabbage fermented with spices until it becomes spicy, sour and sweet, all at the same time. It is an amazing dish that has been around for centuries; if you have not tried it, I recommend you give it a try. Nowadays, you can find kimchi in every grocery store in the refrigerated section. Just make sure to get the one with the least amount of sugar, or simply make your own following this recipe. It is very easy. Pork belly, kimchi, rice wine vinegar and cauliflower rice make the bulk of this amazing dish. Try it and make your regular keto/low carb meals more awesome.
- 100g pork belly (can use any kind of meat, chicken and beef would work great too)
- 30g onions
- 100 g zuchchini
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 of a medium green bell pepper
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice
- 150 g kimchi
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the pork belly. Fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Once the pork is nice and golden brown, add the chopped onion and the garlic and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the chopped up kimchi, onions, zucchini and the green peppers and fry until most of the water has evaporated and you can smell the toastiness of the spices.
- Last but not least add the cauliflower rice and the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Cook until it all comes together and the rice is cooked through.
- Optionally, top with chopped scallions before serving.
- Number of Servings 4
- Calories Per Serving 205
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Net Carbs 6g
- Protein 7g
- Fat 78%, Protein 12%, Net Carbs 10%