Low Carb Quiche
Low Carb Keto Friendly Chorizo Quiche
Once you have a repertoire of ketogenic recipes, it becomes easier to mix and match components and use parts of them for different recipes. The day I tried to make this low carb keto quiche, I had already used the pizza dough to make pizza bases and chorizo empanadas. So with 1 hour of work I had three different dishes: pizza, empanadas and quiche and lunches and dinners for at least 3 days.
This recipe is really, really simple. Make the pizza dough and bake it in a pie dish. Mix the pre-made chorizo with cheddar cheese and eggs and bake in a hot oven until set through.
- 4 oz chorizo
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- Additional cheese slices to for the top layer (any cheese of your preference).
- 4 eggs
- For the quiche dough - follow the same pizza base recipe.
- Spices and herbs per your taste (My chorizo was flavorful enough, but if you use regular sausage, you could add some garlic and maybe some scallions in your egg mixture)
- Press the dough into the bottom of a pie dish and bake it in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
- Whip the eggs and add the spices/herbs. Pour them over the chorizo and mix it well in a bowl. Mix in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350 until set.
- Top with the cheese slices and bake for another 10 mins.
- This should yield about 4-6 servings and good enough for quick weekday lunches.