Fried Rice (with Riced Cauliflower)
Low Carb Fried Rice (with Riced Cauliflower)
This is a simple yet delicious fried "rice" recipe that is low-carb, moderate fat and absolutely amazing. We usually eat this with curries, whether Indian or Thai but we have had it with Chinese food as well as chili and it still tastes amazing.
When one embarks on the keto diet, there is one thing that should not miss from your freezer and fridge: cauliflower. We always have bags of frozen cauliflower florets and cauliflower rice in the freezer. For this recipe we used Trader Joe's riced cauliflower, but we have made it with homemade cauliflower rice and it still tastes great. The reason we love the store bought cauliflower rice is that the grains are bigger and more even and when cooked has the bite and tooth-ness that real rice has.
- 1 bag of Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower (12 oz/340 g)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Defrost the cauliflower. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Fry until the seeds become fragrant.
- Add the rice to the pan. Add about 3 tbsp water and mix it in the cauliflower.
- Cook until the cauliflower is fully cooked and the water has all evaporated.
- Number of Servings 2
- Calories Per Serving 165
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Net Carbs 5g
- Protein 3g
- Fat 80%, Protein 8%, Net Carbs 12%