Pork Rind Nachos
Low Carb - Keto Friendly Pork Rind Nachos
If you have already scrolled through the recipe for these nachos, I know what you are going to say: “This is nothing new. I have seen this before.” You are probably right. However, despite the high number of nachos recipes using pork rinds, very few of them provide ideas on how to keep the rinds crispy while getting flavor into them.
- Pork rinds (I used plain salted pork rinds, but any kind works)
- Toppings of your choice (I used rotisserie chicken, jalapenos, green onions, cilantro and olives)
- Shredded Cheese (any kind will work, however for flavor use Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- So far I think this is similar to every other keto nacho recipe out there. However, here are some major pointers.
- Layer the pork rinds in your oven safe dish and dry them in a 350 degree oven for 1 minute. This will help them crisp up even more.
- Choose only low moisture toppings for your nachos, especially if they come into direct contact with the rinds. My husband tried another recipe for this using pulled pork that was drenched in its own sauce and the rinds got very soggy.
- I used rotisserie chicken for this, mainly because it is easily available, but also because it is very low moisture. Make sure to season the chicken and the rinds before layering it on them with taco seasoning (choose a low carb, sugar free one)
- Layer the cheese first and add the chicken.
- Add one more layer of cheese and any additional toppings such as jalapenos and the olives and bake for a further 2-3 minutes until chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and spread the chopped green onions and cilantro all over. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.